Beauty Edit: Get Glowing Skin for the New Year



Most people tend to overindulge at Christmas, which is great at the time, but can result is dull, dehydrated and unhealthy looking skin. I've put together a few products which can most definitely give tired skin a boost in the first few weeks of the New Year.

Body: Exfoliate|Moisturise|Tan
Buffing away dead skin and exfoliating using Cliniques Sparkle Skin Exfoliator has been leaving my skin feeling clean and fresh, and it's minty scent adds extra bonus freshness points! Usually I exfoliate twice a week or prior to tanning, and I really like this product when I want that minty feeling. The Clinique Deep Comfort Body Butter is another great Clinique product which makes my skin feel very smooth and moisturised. Winter weather usually plays havoc with my combination skin, but this creamy formula gets rid of dry patches leaving it feeling lovely and looked after. Most people associate tanning with summer, but the St. Tropez Gradual Tan Everyday Moisturiser is a very sheer and light moisturiser that builds up a very subtle and natural glow, which I generally favour in the colder months.

Face: Cleanse|Balm|Serum
Cleansing is an important step of any skincare routine, regardless of the season! I like using the Clarins Water Comfort One Step Cleanser , it's light formula contains Peach Essential Water, and it's so easy to use, wipe on and off using a cotton pad, and that's it. Trilogy's Everything Balm will be on nearly every skincare list I have, it's such an amazing product! It's a multi purpose balm which softens, smoothes, nourishes, brightens.. the list goes on! I love using this as a mask at night, and my skin always feels so soft and fresh in the morning. I also love using a serum for an extra skin boost. In the Winter I like the Yes to Blueberries Intensive Skin Repair Serum, which is an extra little addition I add to my night time skincare routine, especially in the colder months.

Makeup: BB Cream|Powder Usually I am all for going for full coverage on the face, but for days when you want to keep it minimal and fresh, the Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector is a nice little BB cream that gives a little bit of sheer coverage when you don't want to go naked. It also brightens up the skin and leaves a nice little glow. Another nice addition to the face is a healthy glow sheer powder, Chanel Les Beiges in particular. Need I say more.

Extras: Illuminate|Highlight
A few little extras I like to add to the face to ensure a healthy glow is a highlighter or illuminator. A few I like are the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder, MAC Soft and Gentle or Lightscapade, MAC Strobe Cream or the Tom Ford Shade and Illuminate Intensity Palette.

Obviously, a healthy diet and drinking loads of water can majorly contribute to healthy skin, but that's another post entirely!
 What are your favourite products for healthy glowing skin? x

23 comments :

  1. Looks lovely and i love having glowing skin!

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale |

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post and the Trilogy Everything balm has been on my wishlist for a while now, thanks to you. I've a big fan of Feeling younger skin tint from Lush, you can use it as a highlighter or add it into your foundation like strobe cream xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo I love the Chanel! Followed you! be great if you could check out my blog? www.trustinvogue.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks meant for sharing this type of satisfying opinion, written piece is fastidious, that’s why I’ve read it completely. what does bubblegum casting do ?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your blog! If you have time, check mine out at: http://thegirl-09.blogspot.co.uk
    I'm still working on it, but I would love for it to look anywhere near as good as yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome.Thank You for sharing the trendy blog for grooming.
    Fashion and lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very useful tips! Btw, I discovered a shopping site that sell various fashion and beauty items. And also womens womens button down shirts. Thinking about buying from them...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes! This is great, to be look good in the New Year is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this post. I will keep an eye out for more.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this idea to get glowing skin for new new year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The blogs you have produced are really worth reading to me. These have changed up my mind to see the things in a different angle. I shall come again to add some more knowledge to me.
    footwear sale ladies

    ReplyDelete
  12. The great writer is one that knows the best about the things that surrounds us. Your writings have proved to me that you are really a knowledgeable person. Your words have glued me to the articles you have produced.
    camouflage masks uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wedding Invitation Videos | Best Save the Date Videos
    Wedding Invitation Video Maker Online
    Wedding Invitation Video Maker | E Invites
    Free Indian Invitation Cards & Video Maker | Online Invitations
    Wedding Invitation Video Maker Online Wedding Invitations Templates & Designs
    Free Wedding invitation in no time

    ReplyDelete