January Blues

January hasn't been very blue for me, which is a good thing I suppose, as it is usually a slump start to the season for most people. January so far for me has been about planning and saving. I am going away nearly every weekend in February so I have mostly been scrimping for that, albeit buying tickets, booking hotels, and just generally looking forward to what February will hold. Ok, I have mostly been scrimping, but couldn't resist a few teeny purchases. I told myself that they are for my trips away, which is just a pathetic excuse to splurge, but I do think that most of my new purchases will come in handy for when I'm away. Result.

So in January I have been:
Working, Photographing, Beauty Product Hauling, Brunching, Reading, and Low Carb eating.


I went on a Photography expedition to introduce my new Sony Nex5 to the world. Or rather, the world to my Sony Nex5. It was hardly an expedition, but more of a hill walk/adventure with pictures.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

New bits and bobs that I have accumulated for my trips away just cos.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



1. New Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum. I am such a fan of the original that I had to try out it's newer counterpart. So far I heart. This came free with a mascara, which is surprisingly fantastic, and makes my lashes spring out from my eyes and curve nicely. I also bought a little bottle of serum, which is perfect for travelling and I can't resist a cute miniature. This one is from Tresemme and contains Argan Oil which is miraculous for hair, and god knows my hair needs a boost considering the crapola I've put it through the past year.


2. Topshop Makeup. I was a Topshop Makeup virgin up until I well, spotted it, and just decided to try it on a whim. I bought two lipsticks and a blush. The lippies are Nevada (left) and Infrared (middle), which are both gorgeously pigmented and long lasting. I prefer Infrared though, as it gives quite the shock factor, and it's the first orangey-red to grace my collection. The blush however was a mistake purchase, as it looked more orange on the box, and was in the orangey blush section on the shelf, and I thought hey, perfect for my orange lippie. It was not orange. As you can see from the picture. It's a pretty pink, but one of which I have an infinite amount of in my collection already. Sigh.


3. Trevor Sorbie Haircare. I purchased this set from Boots in the sales; €16 down to €8. I can't resist a 50% off sign, and told myself that this set is perfect for my trips away! I also needed a new makeup bag, and the bag the products come in is the perfect size and nice and sturdy. Win win. I have yet to try the products out, but I got the volumise range, there was a non frizz on offer also.


4. This is a random selection of goodies from Boots. They were pretty much all necessities, so I didn't splurge too much. :)


E45 Hand Cream: I needed a good handcream for my hands as they are in bits most of the time from work, and this is the perfect size, is a reputable brand, is for dry/sensitive skin and perfect for travelling.


Umberto Giannini Dry Shampoo: I don't really use dry shampoo, but thought as it was a miniature and only 50cent (Yes, 50cent!), it would be rude not to. Also perfect for travelling, or for popping in your overnight bag if you need to freshen your hair up. Tip: Always look in the Clearance/Bargain Bin Sections in shops, alot of the time it is mostly products that are a bit on the dodgy side, but once in a while you could snap up a real gem! :)


Pharmacy Brand Witch Hazel & Rose Water: I use this as a toner, as it is for oily skin. Rose water is a perfect toner, for use after cleansing, or just to spritz on during the day to refresh.


Norweigan Formula Intense Repair Lip Balm: My lips aren't very dry, but whenever I wear lipstick they look as if they are dry, so I went in search of a moisturising balm that actually repairs, as more often than not, most balms I've used moisturise, but only for five minutes, or until they rub off. This one moisturises, repairs, and leaves a nice glossy sheen to the lips.


Carex Antibacterial Hand Sanitiser: I am a germ freak. Most of the time. I like just having this with me, no harm at all! I use it after I press the button for the traffic lights, or after I touch things in public places, like taps in bathrooms and such! That sounds dirty and I sound kind of OCD, but I'm not, I swear! Bacteria is everywhere!
:)

Its nearly thursday! Which means its nearly friday, which means hello weekend :)
Are any of my followers going to IMATS in London next friday?? If you are let me know :)
Talk soon x

5 comments :

  1. I'm looking for a good foundation! i might try the bojour healthy mix.. :D xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love how even when bloggers are saving we always managed to pick up a few bits and bobs ;) Personally I adore topshop makeup. I love the blush in head over heels and I'm looking to invest in some lippies soon!

    Have fun with all your trips in feb :D

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Love your necklace!! Where did you get it ? Thank you
    Vichy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've finally picked up a few pieces from the Topshop make up range too. I have to say I love the quality and would def purchase again. This post makes me want to go shopping for more goodies. I'm a huge fan of Trevor Sorbie products too. I love the scent. S.x x

    ReplyDelete