Lip-Lock

I don't really have a good relationship with lip products. I never really have. For some reason in my little head I always pressume a certain colour will suit me, I buy it, rip off the packaging at home, slick it on, and low and behold it is the complete wrong shade for me. At least for my complexion. I don't know what it is. I always go for the wrong colour. I have gone into MAC numerous times to persistently ask the girls if they can match me to a pretty lipstick as I always pick the wrong shades, although the ones they choose for me aren't always ones I actually like, at all.
However, I do happen to own a limited collection of lip products which do in fact suit me. Here's a few of my favourite lipsticks that I find I always tend to reach for.


Photobucket

Top From L- R: Barry M 101, MAC Cute-ster, Smashbox Smashing Beam, MAC Politely Pink, Revlon Nude Attitude, Revlon Fire and Ice and Rimmel Spotlight Beige
Bottom From L-R: Revlon Really Red, MAC Strayin', Lancome Rouge Rayonnat, Maybelline Hollywood Red, Maybelline Ambre Rose, MAC Hue, Natural Collection Biscuit




Photobucket



From L- R: Barry M 100, MAC Cute-ster, Smashbox Smashing Beam, MAC Politely Pink, Revlon Nude Attitude, Revlon Fire and Ice and Rimmel Spotlight Beige

Barry M 100: This purchase was an accident. I actually thought it was the famous no. 101, Marshmallow, and it wasn't until I got home and whipped it on that I realised I looked like I had painted my lips with baby pink chalk. The texure is quite chalky, but I have grown to love the colour, because it's something I never would have thought to buy.



MAC Cute-ster: This is from the Hello Kitty Collection yonks ago. I really like this lippie. It has a lustre finish, and is a nice shade on the lips.



Smashbox Smashing Beam: This is a lip conditioner as well as a lipstick. The shade is quite similar to my natural lip colour so it adds moisture as well as shine. Win win.



MAC Politely Pink: Politely Pink is a really soft baby pink with a lovely lustre finish. Quite pretty and neutral.



Revlon Nude Attitude: I didn't really like this when I first bought it as it is a Matte and can be quite drying. The shade is also quite bland in colour, but I really like this worn with a brighter gloss, as it's the perfect base for any colour.

Revlon Fire and Ice: This is such a punchy fire engine red and I absolutely love it. I wore it alot when I had dark hair but I think it's such a perfect red that I can't really fault it!



Rimmel Spotlight Beige: This is such a gorgeous peachy brown that was recommended by Amy at Makeup and Beauty. She is a blonde and I have found this also suits me more as a blonde than a brunette!



Photobucket
gotta love a bitta those panda pjs
.

From L-R: Revlon Really Red, MAC Strayin', Lancome Rouge Rayonnat, Maybelline Hollywood Red, Maybelline Ambre Rose, MAC Hue, Natural Collection Biscuit



Revlon Really Red: This is another one of the Revlon Matte shades. It's alot darker than Fire and Ice but still flattering. And not drying at all.



MAC Strayin': Another from the Hello Kitty collection. This is a frost lipstick and one of my favourites in my entire collection. It has tiny silver flecks of glitter in it which I don't generally like but I do in this case. This is such a 'poppin' lippie.



Lancome Rouge Rayonnat: This is such a statement lipstick. Is it just me or do Lancome lipsticks smell absolutely amazing!? It is so smooth and creamy that I always apply just enough. I love this colour.



Maybelline Hollywood Red: This is more of a deep magenta than a red. It's quite flattering and surprisingly long-lasting.

Maybelline Ambre Rose: This is such a sweet rosey pink and it makes me feel very feminine when I wear it.



MAC Hue: Although this is a glaze and im not that fond of the glaze lipstick, this is such a lovely shade and no need to wear a gloss!



Natural Collection Biscuit: This shade looks like a dark brown in the tube but more of a soft dark beigey pink when worn. This is very pigmented, and so cheap!



Photobucket



Photobucket



Top: From L-R: Johnsons Lipcare Stick, NYC Lip Plumping Gloss in Pink Champagne, Various Barry M Lipwands in Cherry, Toffee, Bubblegum, MAC Dazzleglass in Phiff! and Stila Lip Stain in Pomegranate Crush
Bottom: Sleek Pout Polish in Pink Cadillac and Vaseline Lip Therapy Cocoa Butter



I love these glosses. The Johnson's Stick and Vaseline are perfect for both winter and summer, to slick on when lips get dry and chapped in winter, or when I want to channel a bit of effortless chic in the summer.
The Barry M Lipwands are gorgeous, as I have mentioned before. They come in such lovely colours, are cheap enough and last a long time. Oh they also smell AMAZING.
As for the Sleek Pout Polish; its sooo lovely! I got sent this by the fabulous
Cami along with a plethora of goodies when I won her Youtube Contest yonks ago. For a giggle, you can watch my entry HERE.
It gives the lips such a gorgeous hue, and it last for ages.



These products are some of my favourite lip products, bearing in mind I am not exactly a lip product person. I yearn for the day when I can splurge on a Chanel Rouge Coco Lipstick without batting an eyelid, (No. 13 Gardénia to be precise), and if it doesn't suit me, I give it to someone less fortunate, like my sister. Love you sis!



If there is anything to be learnt from this post regarding lipsticks, it is to always match your lipstick with your blush. :)



C'est fini. Hope you are all enjoying this lovely sunny day.
Love :)


1 comment :

  1. Weather is gorgeous :) Lovely collection, makes me want to go pick up some more xx

    ReplyDelete